Search This Blog

Thursday 21 June 2012

Daylily Progress on a Hot and Humid Day

As the temperature is over 30C today, its a good day to spend in the cool basement working on my latest painting. Due to the fact that I have to let the painting dry between layers, I am also often working on a variety of other projects at the same time. I continue to make fabric cards as well as try to complete my block of the month quilt blocks. I'm a little behind because I just finished the May blocks today.
My daylily painting is from a photo from last year and as I sit here blogging, I am noticing that my neighbour has a new crop blooming in his garden. I'll make sure I take my camera out and get some more photo inspirations.


I like to show my work in stages to allow you to see a little bit of my method. I have the main colours in place and now I just have to darken some areas to give the flower a little more depth. I will also add more glazes to brighten the colours.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy seeing the steps you take - it helps me understand and appreciate the work that you do!

    ReplyDelete