Search This Blog

Thursday 3 January 2013

Blessed New Year and Back in the Studio

Wishing all my blog followers a Blessed New Year and a positive start to 2013 with many resolutions that are realistic but will also help you to grow and be a positive influence to those around you.

December as it turned out became a busy, busy month for me. As I finished off Christmas gifts, hosted two family Christmas Dinners and spent time with out-of-town family, I neglected the blog.......and the studio. Well, today was spent back among my fabric, paints, papers, paint brushes and studio clutter. I enjoyed it immensely.




 I was able to spend some time on my Algonquin Park painting adding more colour and detail to the foreground, giving weight and substance to the rocks, giving the canoes some form. Slowly it is developing into a true likeness although I am taking some artistic license and adding some rocks and such for a better balanced composition. The canoes were actually white but I plan to change their colour to make them more interesting. I also still plan to darken the water and do some work on the sky.

I have not made resolutions but perhaps I will sit down and make a list of what I wish to complete art-wise in this year. I do know that I will continue to make art that I will give away and use to brighten someone's day. Perhaps I will post that list on my blog in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Your picture has a very calming affect. Makes you want to get out there again.

    ReplyDelete