Search This Blog

Thursday 9 May 2013

New Painting Challenge

When I made my list of goals for 2013, one of them was to enter an art challenge. The Art House Co-op posts weekly challenges and perhaps you remember the one I did last year. The challenge was to create a piece of artwork and place it in a public space. I made a quilt out of plastic bags and hung it from a bridge in Toronto. It was a challenge I truly enjoyed and it was something I had never done before. I learned a lot.

Well, last week I signed up for another challenge. This one is called the Pen Pal Painting Exchange. Today I received a package in the mail with my supplies. In the package were the Rules of the challenge, a postcard to write to my "Pen Pal" to get them acquainted with me, and a 4" x 4" x 1 3/8" canvas.







I can paint the canvas in any way I like using whatever materials I like and when I am done I have to send it to the Brooklyn Art Library.  The deadline is August 30, 2013. When they receive my painting and my postcard, they will pair me up with someone else based on what I have written. My painting will be sent to them and theirs will be sent to me. Cool!

Now I have to come up with an idea for a painting on a tiny canvas. Any ideas out there? Maybe an insect, or a collection of buttons, or a tiny landscape. If you have an idea I'd love to hear it.

I also finished my water lily painting. Using the watercolour pencils was a great idea. It helped me to finish off the details. The water lily itself was painted using only watercolour pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment