Search This Blog

Thursday 26 September 2013

Progress on the Sunset Painting


I am really enjoying painting the sunset because I'm using pinks and yellows and oranges and purples. It's a big difference from blues, browns, greys and greens. There's so much more energy in this painting than in my regular landscapes. Most of my landscapes are of a more calming, serene nature so this is a nice change.



Here I've completed the sky for the most part and started painting
over the purple I put in for the land masses and the trees. The dark
of these subjects is starting to make the sky colours pop.
Due to the fact that this painting is for someone, I won't be posting the finished product until I have given it to its owners. Below is a small portion of the nearly completed painting.


I was also able to get a large section of the Summer Landscape Quilt done this week. It is truly addicting, I have to admit. I just want to keep working on it every minute. I get such a rush with each section I complete.

Here you can see I've begun on the main canoes.
I am taking my time with this section making sure everything
lines up properly as this will be the focal point of the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment