Most of the main aspects of the quilt are completed and I have mostly background and water to finish. As you can see the canoe on the right has a refection in the water and it took me some time to figure out how I would depict that. I decided that I would use the same fabric as I used in the canoes but overlay each piece with a piece of dark blue organza. Organza is transparent so you can still see the original fabric through it but the dark blue colour gives it a distinction between the actual canoe and it's reflection. It seems to be working, but I won't know for sure until the whole quilt is done and I hang it on my design wall. That will be the point where I will notice what is not working and have to determine how I will fix it. So far, though, I am pleased with how it is developing.