Search This Blog

Thursday 3 October 2013

Summer Landscape Quilt Continued

Most of the main aspects of the quilt are completed and I have mostly background and water to finish. As you can see the canoe on the right has a refection in the water and it took me some time to figure out how I would depict that. I decided that I would use the same fabric as I used in the canoes but overlay each piece with a piece of dark blue organza. Organza is transparent so you can still see the original fabric through it but the dark blue colour gives it a distinction between the actual canoe and it's reflection. It seems to be working, but I won't know for sure until the whole quilt is done and I hang it on my design wall. That will be the point where I will notice what is not working and have to determine how I will fix it. So far, though, I am pleased with how it is developing.

When I begin each section, I take a picture of the pattern with my I-pad, because I have to cut the pattern apart in order to cut the fabric pieces. Then if I have a copy on my I-pad, I can see how it is supposed to go together. Well, in my excitement to start the next section, I forgot to photograph it before I started cutting it up and it was quite a challenge to put it back together again. I had several pieces in the wrong spots and had to take it apart again and start over.  I hate when things like that happen!

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is really coming together nicely Arja. I love the colours. I can also appreciate your frustration with forgetting to take the picture. I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete