Search This Blog

Thursday 23 January 2014

In the Garden Challenge Complete

Well, with the help of some wonderful friends who drink tea, I've been able to complete the challenge....a day early, I might add. I've just sent the email with my images to Interweave who puts out the Quilting Arts Magazine I subscribe to. I will find out on January 30th if it has been accepted into the challenge. If it is accepted, I'll have to mail the whole thing to Interweave where they will photograph it for publication in their upcoming June/July issue of Quilting Arts.

I am a lot happier with the final piece. Once the tea bags had been fused onto the background, I machine quilted it, using a metallic thread in the sky for some sparkle. Then I embellished the piece with green beads, some dragon fly charms and a cross-stitch of a bumble bee to add some interest. It's titled "The Garden's First Blooms".  Hope you like it and thanks for the help!

It was so nice to be thinking about Spring during this
cold, stormy, snowy winter.


2 comments: