This project will be a wall quilt 30" X 40".
|This is the 4 X 6" sketch I did of the scene and the source|
of my inspiration.
|These are my fabric choices.|
|First section complete. This is part of the background forest area in|
the top right hand corner.
When making my art quilts in the past, I have tried to match up my thread colour with the fabric colour but this doesn't always work because I am always sewing two different fabrics together. If the fabrics are mostly the same type of colour and value, there's not too much problem but when I go from a dark area to a light area where the values are totally different, I run into trouble. I had one of my quilts rejected from a show because my stitches showed. This time I am working with lingerie thread (either white or black) in the bobbin and a clear thread something like fishing wire in the top needle. So far, in the section I have finished, the stitches cannot be seen.
I've also finished the small quilt for the Parks Challenge. It is 8" X 8" and I have to send the images in on April 4, 2014. I call it "Algonquin".