Search This Blog

Thursday 29 May 2014

Lots of Inspiration but no Time

It's Spring and that means I'm really busy with work as well as the planning of a fund raising golf tournament which will be happening on Monday. This means that I haven't been able to spend a lot of time in the studio. Hopefully after next week, I will once again, take up my creativity. I have so many ideas and plans for future art and it is really frustrating that I can't get to it right now.
I've found that if I'm not creative, I am stressed and antsy. I'm realizing that creativity is something I need to continue to do for my sanity and sense of well-being. Today I spent time tweeking my landscape quilt. Last week I posted that it was complete but it still needed a little adjusting. I also had to sew a hanging sleeve to the back of it. Now I think it is totally done and I am pleased with it. I really get the sense of rushing water. I'm also glad that I did not include a border around it. This is the first quilt I have done without a border. This quilt is also smaller than my other landscape quilts but still bigger than a regular painting. In future, I'd like to do more painting sized landscape quilts but I'm not sure the effect will be the same as the larger ones. Also with smaller quilts the fabric pieces are also smaller and can be a challenge to work with.


No comments:

Post a Comment