Search This Blog

Thursday 11 September 2014

Progress on the Latest Acrylic Painting

I am working on many things at once at the moment so the acrylic painting is taking a little longer to complete. I am making some progress on it, however. When I work on it, I am transported back to the place the photo was taken and that's such a nice perk of painting landscapes. As soon as I begin to paint, I become relaxed and the worries and busyness of life falls away. It is definitely true that making art is therapeutic.

Below are some of the progressions from the last few weeks.

Middle ground trees are being developed.


Details in the rocks and the weedy bay are added.

I decided to go with the white canoes although you can see
 that with the reflections of the sky light and the water,
 they are not really white.



No comments:

Post a Comment