Search This Blog

Thursday 18 September 2014

Sketchbook Skool Session #2 "Seeing"


In the winter months at the beginning of this year, I had enrolled in Sketchbook Skool and I blogged about it here. When the second session started, I was really busy with my bookkeeping due to the Spring season and I decided not to enroll at that time. Now that summer is coming to a close (boohoo) I think I'll have more time to take the course and do the required homework so I've enrolled again. The second course is titled "Seeing". As with the first course, which was "Beginnings", there will be 6 different teachers from all over the world sharing their expertise and art with us via video feed on the computer. I really enjoyed the first course and it got me sketching again.

There is actually already a third course which is called "Story Telling". It also looks interesting and it may be one I'll enroll in as well in the future.

I think it is really great to be able to take courses in your own home, however, it is a bit isolating and I think at some point it would be nice to get out with others to sketch. I don't know a lot of people who are into that so it may be a bit difficult to plan. In the Beginnings Course I was doing some sketching at our Garden Centre and that might be the compromise; scheduling sketching sessions there will give me people contact as well as practice.

Below is the latest sketch done at the Garden Centre.








No comments:

Post a Comment