Search This Blog

Thursday 30 October 2014

Inspired by Autumn

Well, it's that time of year again. As the leaves turn red, orange and brown, the weather turns cooler and the wind picks up, we know we'll be out in our yards with the rakes. We have an abundance of trees in our yard and so I try to put off raking until everything is down. The thing with doing that is, it becomes such a big job to get the leaves off the property and into the ravine. So I was out there yesterday trying to get a jump on the job and my son was over the day before also trying to clear some of it away. When I look out my window today, it seems as if nothing was done.

After the raking, I brought in some of the curled leaves. I really like to sketch and paint these. Their shapes are unique and the colours are interesting and there is just something about trying to duplicate them on paper that I enjoy. A crumpled and curled leaf is much more interesting than a fresh flat leaf.








No comments:

Post a Comment