Search This Blog

Thursday 13 August 2015

Neighbourhood Walk Sketches

I continue to do my neighbourhood walks taking along my sketchbook. The walks are not happening very regularly but when I get out, I always discover something beautiful. Last week on my walk I found myself outside my old high school. It hasn't changed much since I was there but one thing that has changed is that they've planted a huge garden on what used to be lawn near the front of the school. There must be a course they are teaching now that includes gardening.

I walked through the garden and noticed so many wonderful plants and fruit trees but what made me come over to look closer were the Sunflowers. I try every year to grow Sunflowers but the squirrels or birds always dig up my seeds. Sunflowers always put me in a good mood and give me a sunny disposition. I have painted and sketched them often in the past and I added them to my sketchbook that day.
The garden is a wonderful addition to the neighbourhood and while I walked through it some other people also came to look. There must be someone looking after it during the summer because everything looked really healthy and there were no weeds in the beds. There were apple trees hung with apples almost ready to pick. I also saw a huge thorn plant that was allowed to grow until it flowered. The flowers were very pretty for such a nuisance plant!










No comments:

Post a Comment