Search This Blog

Thursday 26 November 2015

Noting the Seasonal Changes

Today, I went on another neighbourhood walk. It is really neat to look through my sketchbook and see the seasonal changes. I started the sketchbook this Spring just as the trees were budding and today I sketched bare branches with next year's buds beginning. The crab apples are still clinging to those branches, plants with pods are splitting open to let out their seeds and burrs are ripe in the ravine just waiting for man or animal to brush up against them in order to spread their seeds.

I also sketched the garbage truck, because today was garbage day. I put the garbage men into stress, so much so that they asked me if I had a problem I needed to talk to them about. They thought I was observing some misbehaviour and was planning on reporting them. I had to explain that I was an artist and I was just sketching my observations on my local walks. They were visibly relieved when I held up my sketchbook and wished me a good day.

I didn't carry any money with me which I realized as I was approaching Tim Hortons. Too bad. So I just sketched it. Now I have the iconic coffee place in my sketchbook for posterity.



No comments:

Post a Comment