Search This Blog

Thursday 3 December 2015

Note from the Curator of "My Corner of the World" - Canada

Today I got an email from Bethany Garner who is the Curator of the Art Quilt Show that I entered my quilt into. It is a bulk email sent to all the entrants which thanks us for submitting our work. She writes:"The entries received for consideration are stunning and a hugely wide representation of the talent, varied techniques and unique and beautifully orchestrated style you each brought into your work for this exhibition."

They received 116 pieces from 73 artists in Canada. I believe the Juror has to choose only 40 pieces for the show. We will be notified later this month if we have been selected. It's exciting!

In the meantime, I have been working on a more traditional quilt with my sister, Ellen and my friend, Nynke and we have got the quilt top completed. We used batik fabric for this one. Batik is fabric that is died using wax resists and has a unique pattern and design. I really like batik fabrics.

This quilt is meant to be hung on a wall so I will be putting a sleeve on the back of it so a rod can be placed through it.


I also went on my weekly neighbourhood walk again this morning and got some sketches down in my sketchbook.

This is a sketch from last week but now it has colour.


This sketch was done to show that winter is near and the trees are now bare. I will put paint to this one too. I also sketched some of the Christmas decorations that various homes are adorned with. I hope to sketch a few more and paint them so when that page is done I'll post it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment