Search This Blog

Thursday 28 January 2016

Inspired by Cross Stitch

When I was younger, I used to love to cross stitch. I could sit for hours with my lap full of a rainbow of colourful floss. Back then I had to have every colour floss that came out so I still have boxes full. I also have a lot of cross stitch fabric that I just can't bring myself to get rid of. Remember a few blogs back, I told you I was cleaning out my studio? Well, that job never seems to get done. I always find things that inspire me and so I drop the cleaning and begin making art.

So I found these boxes of floss, fabric and lots of cross stitch design books and I was inspired. I took to cross stitching small motifs that I could use on my cards and that would be completed quickly. I used the motifs for a jumping off point to design my cards. Have a look at what I came up with.














I really like the chicken series. Which ones are your favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment