Search This Blog

Thursday 7 January 2016

New Year Studio Cleanup

Most of my major projects are complete so today I started doing some cleaning up in the studio. I didn't get very far but I did purge lots of stuff I have never used so I created a little more space for the stuff I have sitting on top of my counters. I would love to clear those counters completely!

After lunch I left the cleaning and did a little artwork just so I didn't feel like I had wasted the day. I'll have to continue the cleaning another day.

I also went for my neighbourhood walk again today. I was a little nippy. Temperatures have dropped considerably this week and I think I will have to put on my long johns and a hat when I go out again. The cold makes it pretty impossible to sketch on location. My fingers don't take long to freeze. So I have been taking photos and sketching in my warm house. Here are some of last week's sketches.


Once, a few years ago, I painted my Amaryllis bulb as it grew which I really enjoyed doing because the Amaryllis grows so quickly. I had saved my bulb from last Christmas and put it outside in my garden letting it continue to grow. In the Fall, I brought it back inside and let the leaves die off by not watering it. Then I put it in my kitchen window and started watering again and it started to come to life. Well, as I watched it grow, it appeared there were only leaves coming so I was not going to sketch it. BUT, now I am seeing what I believe is a flower bud coming up and am excited to begin sketching!


I wanted to sketch the first snow but that is difficult to do on white paper. I tried to show some shadows and snow edges against the rocks and leaves. If you use your imagination really well, you can see snow. ;)


My poinsettia this year was white and not as dramatic as a red one would have been but I like it anyway.


After not seeing deer in a very long time in my back ravine, I spied this buck just sitting very quietly between the trees as the snow fell one morning. At first I thought it was a tree stump that was becoming covered in snow but then it moved its head and I saw these large antlers. Such beautiful creatures!

No comments:

Post a Comment