Search This Blog

Thursday 21 January 2016

Relay for Hope Quilt Completed

Just as I was beginning to think the Mylan Relay for Hope Quilt was never going to be completed, I received an email which included photos of the finished quilt. If you remember that early last year I was making a section of that quilt which was to display all the Provinces and Territories of Canada. I believe my panel, The Yukon Territories, was completed in April 2015. The Relay race was held this past summer and the quilt would be completed after the race was done.

I have been waiting eagerly for these photos to see how it turned out with all the different panels. It became a huge quilt which has a large Maple Leaf in the center on a background of white. This Maple Leaf section traveled along with the runners from Province to Province and was signed by dignitaries in each place it stopped.



Below, I've posted the individual Provincial and Territorial Panels.


Newfoundland




Nova Scotia


New Brunswick


Prince Edward Island


Quebec

Ontario

Manitoba

Saskatchewan

Alberta

British Columbia

Yukon Territories

Northwest Territories

Nunavut


No comments:

Post a Comment