Search This Blog

Friday 13 May 2016

One Wing-backed Chair Finished

My fingers are wrecked but today I completed the reupholstering of the wing-backed chair. I was hoping to be done yesterday but all sorts of things came up that prevented me from working on it for any length of time. I was also waiting for some upholstery tacking strips that we had ordered online.

The strips arrived today so I left everything else and headed down to the studio to get to work. It is very satisfying to do a project like that. As we removed the old fabric, we could see how stained the chair was. The fabric was even covered with some kind of pet hair in the creases. Gives me the shivers. But now the whole chair is covered in new updated fabric that will suit my daughter's historic
home.

I just think I'll let my hands heal before I start on chair number two.










3 comments:

  1. Wow. This looks awesome. Very impressed. What a gift you have. I'm sure it was worth the sore fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Teresa and Nynke. I was impressed as well. Didn't think I could do it. The trick is to take lots of notes and photos as you take it apart.

    ReplyDelete