Search This Blog

Thursday 30 June 2016

Inspired by History

Have I told you my daughter lives in an historic house in Toronto? It is said to be the oldest home in Etobicoke. It was built from ledge stone found in the Humber River which flows behind the home. Historians believe it was built between 1802 and 1820. I've been captivated by this house ever since we moved to the area. It is a wonderful house for a small family and has great character.

I decided that this was my chance to sketch the home and so I have begun to do that. My plan is that as long as my daughter is living there I will try to document the home, inside and out by sketching it and it's surroundings.

I've made a small beginning. You saw the first sketch I did in my last post. Today I'll show you some others that I have done. I'm going to have to be quick because they may have to move in September.






No comments:

Post a Comment