Search This Blog

Thursday 7 July 2016

Artful Decisions

As this Spring and Summer have been busy for me not only with my job but also several circumstances that have happened in my life, I haven't had large spans of time to dedicate to my art. That can be a little frustrating. As I look at what I have produced in the last little while, it doesn't amount to anything grand or substantial. I am satisfied that I have kept up doing art even though it has been mostly sketches which are done quickly and they help to grow my technique and accuracy in drawing. BUT...now I am itching to get into a larger project such as a painting or another art quilt. I know that because I have this urge, subconsciously, I will be looking for subjects for this larger project. Now I have to patiently wait until I find that perfect subject.

In the meantime, I am involved with World Watercolor Month 2016. July is World Watercolor Month and so I am trying to work my sketches in watercolour. As a matter of fact, after finishing this blog post, I was going to head outside and find some garden flowers to paint with watercolour. It has been stinking hot this whole week so far with not a drop of rain in sight. Wouldn't you know that now it is pouring cats and dogs outside!  Well, the ground is loving it!

This week I also found out that the art quilt I entered into a show called Fibre Content 2016 was rejected. Oddly, I don't feel very disappointed. I have come to realize that often just what appeals to the jurer that gets a piece into a show. This was the show that I was accepted into in 2014 with my piece called "Algonquin Rapids".

Here are a few of my sketches from this week for World Watercolor Month.




No comments:

Post a Comment