Search This Blog

Thursday 11 August 2016

Inspired by the Passing of Time Continued

In February I posted about a calendar I am working on. It is for the year 2017 and has various themes for each month. January was Winter, February was Love, March was Creativity. In February I was ahead of the game having already finished the first three months.

Well, now it is August and I am still working on June. The April and June pages are done on watercolour paper with watercolour and May is again a fabric piece.



April is Early Spring with Forsythia and Pasque Flower. I think I need to add something to this page as it looks a little plain yet. Also, I did this one on the wrong size. It should be 14"X14" but I cut out a 14"X16" piece of watercolour paper by accident and didn't notice until I had gotten quite a way into the project. I'm not sure if I'll do a completely new page for April (since May is also Spring) or just cut it down and make it work.



May is Later Spring with Tulips, Bleeding Hearts and Blossoming trees done on a dyed silk fabric using painted tea bags for the flowers. I'm noticing as I am blogging that I haven't stitched in the date numbers on this one yet. 


June's theme is vehicles, both modern and older. I am just starting to paint the cars. I still have to add the date numbers and a few other embellishments.
I'm still interested in more themes if you have some ideas for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment