Search This Blog

Thursday 8 September 2016

Inspired by Paint Blotters

Today I was able to spend lots of time in my studio, having caught up on paperwork and had no other obligations. So I got lots of things done which feels good.

This week I also spent some time cleaning up a bit in the studio and came across a couple of sheets of parchment paper that I had used behind tea bags as I painted them. They prevented the paint from getting onto my counter. The liquid and the paint on the parchment paper caused it to scrunch up and create hills and valleys into which the paint had dried. The designs on the paper from the drying paint was really cool looking. I thought it would be a shame to throw it out so I had been keeping it not knowing what to do with it. One sheet was in blues and greens and the other was yellows, pinks and oranges. The green sheet made me think of water and waves and the yellow sheet made me think of sunrise and sunset. I thought, I can make some nice cards with this and proceeded to cut them up. I wasn't sure I could glue them onto card stock due to the nature of parchment being non-stick so I decided to stitch them to card stock. Then I went into my magazine word and phrase files to find the appropriate word or phrases and Voila! a set of cards.





















No comments:

Post a Comment