Search This Blog

Thursday 20 October 2016

When Deadlines Inspire Me

My church is holding an Art/Craft Exhibition and Sale in support of a refugee family that we are sponsoring. The date for the event is November 19 and I don't have anything ready for it. That is less than a month away and so I have been working diligently trying to plan an art quilt that I can place in the silent auction. I went through my photo file and selected a photo. I did a watercolour painting of it enhancing the colour a bit, decided how big I wanted it and today I finished plotting the pattern and gathering fabric. That was about 7 hours work.

I am pleased with the design and the colours. Hopefully I have plotted it correctly. Now I will have to spend every free minute on it if I am going to get it done on time. Sometimes you just need a deadline to inspire you.


Here's my watercolour from which I will choose my fabric colours.


Fabric choices


Pattern

1 comment: