Search This Blog

Thursday 2 February 2017

Inspired by Being a Grandmother

When I became a grandmother almost 6 years ago, I decided to make little journals for each of my grandchildren. It seemed like an easy task. The journals would commemorate special days and events in the lives of each grandchild. When there were only a few, it was fairly doable to keep up to date. There are now 7 grandchildren and I'm finding it difficult to record everything that is happening in their lives. Every once in a while I have to catch them up. I usually write a list of the events I want to place in their journals so I don't forget them and when I feel like I'm getting too far behind I drop everything else and get working on the journals.

For the last several weeks I have been trying to catch up the year 2016. Below are a few pages out of those journals.


Each child has a family tree in the beginning of their journal.


Each birthday is also celebrated.


Religious events are very special.



Trips and large moves are also remembered. 


Holiday trips with Opa and Oma are included.


First baby teeth and first adult teeth are also celebrated.

I also make the journal interesting by including fold out pages, pockets. windows and I have a plan to try some pop-up pages. If you have another cool idea that you've seen, let me know what it is. I love trying new things. I want my grandchildren to love looking through their special book and treasure it knowing their Oma really, really loved them.

No comments:

Post a Comment