Search This Blog

Thursday 9 February 2017

The Month of Love and the Spotlight Auction Entrance

Wow, it's February already! This is the Month of Love and I just realized that the piece I'm making for the Spotlight Auction in Nebraska has a love theme. I've finally finished my piece which I titled, "Spread LOVE Around". We, in the Americas, think that we are very tolerant of others and their differences. But what we hear on the news these days tells a different story. We hear of terrorism, mass shootings, bullying, and travel bans. When I was planning this auction piece I wanted to give a positive message. We just need more love for others in this world. When we show love to someone, it can set off a chain of loving action. We should infuse love into everything we do.

In my piece, "Spread LOVE Around" I placed a heart in the upper left corner and spreading from it are many "fingers" as if they are throwing love into the air, hoping it is contagious and people will "catch" it and "come down" with a serious case of LOVE. If only it worked that way. Nevertheless, I really believe that when we show love to another the relationship we have with each other changes for the better.

This was my starting plan. I developed it in a
very intuitive way instead of having a plan
in the beginning that I would follow.



I embellished it with beads to depict little
bits flying through the air, destined
to hit someone and "infect" them with love.


No comments:

Post a Comment