Search This Blog

Thursday 18 May 2017

Spring Blossom Inspiration

I found that this Spring lasted longer than some in the past. We have had Springs that last a week or two and then the hot weather sets in. When the season is so short the spring blossoms and flower bulbs fade very quickly. However, this year, our Spring stayed on the cool side for quite a while so our blossoming trees were beautiful for a long time.

I was able to get some sketches of the various blossoms done and turned them into Mother's Day cards for my daughters. I am so glad that I took the time because yesterday and today are hot, hot days and the blooms on my trees are flying through the air and covering the ground in a carpet of pink and white. They were beautiful while they lasted.

Now we will get the lilacs, forget-me-nots, pansies, irises. Lots of inspiration!



My pear and crab apple trees







1 comment: