Search This Blog

Thursday 7 December 2017

A Long Unfinished Project Completed

Perhaps you remember me blogging about a couple of wing-backed chairs that my daughter and I picked up off the side of the road just after Amy returned to Toronto. We were able to take the first chair apart and reupholster it fairly quickly after we claimed them. However, the second chair presented problems because it was a chair with a built in foot rest. I'm not sure this is the reason for our procrastination but probably part of it.

I finally made it a priority, and Amy and I started to take it apart. I took lots of photos of the process so I could follow them as I put the chair back together. I made notes on the old fabrics as to what side was up and where it belonged on the chair. Using the old fabric pieces as patterns, I cut the new fabric out. I found that I had to take the structure of the chair apart to get to some areas and that was a bit of a challenge to put back together. Somehow I was successful and the chair is now done! There is a real sense of satisfaction when you complete a project like this.

Chairs in the original fabric











2 comments: