Search This Blog

Thursday 4 August 2016

Inspiration Frustration

I started this day out with high hopes on getting a few great art things accomplished. Well, just so you know, not everything an artist sets out to do works out perfect. I know you think that's how it works but that is not reality. You usually get to see only the artist's BEST work.

Just so you know I am human and make mistakes, I'm going to post some not-so-good stuff I did today.

I had noticed that my Instragram profile picture, which is a self-portrait done in a cartoon style, has me dressed in winter clothes and so I thought I would do a summer one. I also just got my hair cut and thought I should update the picture. Well, I tried, tried, and tried again but I could not get the self-portrait right. The eyes are too big, the nose is too small, the face is wonky. Oh so frustrating! Take a look.







They don't even resemble me in the slightest. Although I am frustrated, I'm going to have to keep trying. I think part of the problem is that I am not using a pencil so I cannot adjust any errors as I go. Art teachers say not using a pencil lends itself to a more spontaneous drawing. In a way they are right but I would really like a self-portrait to look like me. Oh well, practice makes perfect they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment