Search This Blog

Thursday 23 November 2017

Exciting News and Treasures

I had one of my Art Quilts in a show at the Neilson Park Creative Centre in October. I received a call today informing me that I won the Viewers' Choice in that show. It is quite an honour to be voted for by the many people that came to see the show. Thank you to those who voted for my quilt.

The lady who called me said this was announced at the Etobicoke Quilters' Guild meeting on Monday evening and I was not there. Many of the members wondered who I was. I don't often go to the guild meetings because I'm really busy and my experience at the meetings is that there is a lot of business stuff that goes on and I'm not in a position to volunteer for a lot of events. I was asked if I would consider going to the December Christmas meeting so the members could know who I was. So I will try to make that event and it will certainly be a  good place to connect with other quilters. It is also a pot luck dinner which will be nice.

I've been coming across some treasures for my artwork which often happens. I was throwing out an old laptop and thought that I might first take it apart to see if there were any cool things I could use for art.

I found some really nice circuit boards inside it with lots of cool markings on them.




On my walk today I also found some rusty metal and pine cones that we'll be using to make Christmas Urns in support of a Refugee Family.



My walks always inspire me and today I had my camera with me and I took some photos of this time of season. Even though the plants are dying, they are also really beautiful in a different way at this time of year.







I also got some shots of wildlife.






This raccoon was dead which tells me we may have coyotes in the ravine this year unless someone trapped him and brought him down to the ravine.

No comments:

Post a Comment