Search This Blog

Thursday 2 November 2017

Fabric Cards

Each week I make a few fabric cards on my art day as well as trying to complete other art. These cards always have someplace to go so they are made for someone in particular. Rarely do I ever make a card that I don't know what to do with. I have a few that I occasionally set aside for a future fundraiser but I usually don't have time to make extras. Here are a few of my recent creations.

This card is completely stitched with black thread. The white
is the fabric background.

I like to use zippers in some of my work.

This is half of a crocheted doily with bead embellishments.

This is reverse applique. The green fabric was sewn overtop
of the orange and the leaf outlines were stitched on. The
leaf shapes were cut out inside the stitching.

I like to add cross stitching to the occasional card.

Here is another card with a zipper. The zipper here opens
up to reveal a small panel behind it with some beading.

Commercial fabric comes with selvedges that are marked
with colours for printing. I cut them off the fabric to use
in projects. I think the numbers and colours are really
interesting.

The background fabric here is a piece that one of my
grandchildren painted.



I also like to put holes in my fabric cards for interest. This
one is also covered with a piece of green lace.


No comments:

Post a Comment