Search This Blog

Saturday 10 December 2011

Landscape Quilt 7

The pieceing is complete. Now the Spring Landscape Quilt will hang from my design wall while I determine how to enhance it with thread painting, applique, embellishments and quilting. As I look at the pieced top of the quilt, I can see areas that need more detail and perhaps I'll add butterflies and birds and bugs to make it come alive.
If this photo was right side up, you could better see how it compares to the original watercolour at the right. It is similar in design but more vibrant and interesting in colour and value. The next steps will be to add to the quilt top the details it needs and then add a quilt batting and backing fabric to the back. Then quilting the whole thing and finishing it off with binding the top and sides and sewing a sleeve to the back for hanging.

PS. If anyone knows how to flip photos in this blog, could you let me know?

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous. You can certainly see how much more vibrant the colours are. Can't wait to see the completed piece. Love the whole series.

    ReplyDelete