Search This Blog

Thursday 13 September 2012

Finishing a Project and Moving On to Another

Well, my Zentangle landscape quilt is finished and I picked it up from the framer this morning. I am really pleased with the way it turned out. It measures 16" X 24" and I think the new owner will be very happy with it.  


Lone Pine
 As soon as the last project was finished, I began immediately on the next one. I have so many ideas backed up in my brain at the moment that I'm afraid if I don't get a jump on them, they'll disappear! So this next project is also a fabric piece. I recently received a box of scarves from my mother-in-law who was doing some cleaning up at home. I decided to use one of these scarves as the basis of an embellished wall quilt. What inspired me was the lightness of the fabric, the design, the size and shape and the colours of the scarf. Below is a photo of the scarf attached to a black background. It has as yet no stitching or embellishment on it. I do not have a finished product in mind such that I don't know how exactly I will embellish it but I'm counting on those details coming to me as I work on it. I have several items laid out on my work table that might become part of the piece but this time I'm going to let intuition guide me. It should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment