Search This Blog

Thursday 20 August 2015

Family Vacation Inspired Sketches

This week I have been vacationing at the beach with my kids, their spouses and all my grandchildren. We have been blessed with fantastic weather and wonderful accommodations! When you spend that much time in close quarters with family members, you never know if it will work out but we have all had such a wonderful time together and everyone has been very gracious to each other. I have thoroughly enjoyed the adult company and the innocent, unconditional love my grand children have for me. Even though I enjoyed it all immensely, I still needed my quiet times each day and was able to get that as I took time to sketch. The sketches are rough and not very accurate but they record our time here together and when I look at them in the future, they'll bring fond memories back to my mind.











 The expressive line that you see in some of the drawings are the contributions of my three oldest grand children.




This is a small 10 X 25 cm painting of the sunset one night at the beach. I left it for the owner of the place we stayed as a thanks for sharing his beach house with us for this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment