Search This Blog

Thursday 14 April 2016

A Year of Neighbourhood Drawings

Today I sketched on the last page of my neighbourhood sketchbook. I flipped back to the front of the sketchbook and noted that the date on the first page was April 16, 2015. Today, being April 14, 2016 means it took me a full year to finish this project. Now when I go through the sketchbook I can see how the seasons developed, when certain plants bloomed, what the weather was like on certain days, when we had snow and what wildlife I saw. It is not a comprehensive record but it is pretty to look at and it was a way for me to practice my live sketching or sketching from photos. It will also give me inspiration for other things such as my fabric cards, paintings or journals.

Last week I sat in the local Tim Hortons and sketched the interior of the store. It is still difficult for me to do this in public but no one bothered me and I enjoyed the challenge.



This week I drew a Smart car I saw sitting in someone's driveway. I think they are so cute but I don't think I'd ever ride in one.


If you are interested, I've posted a short slideshow of some of the pages in the sketchbook on Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment