Search This Blog

Thursday 19 May 2016

Playing with Tea Bags

I have quite a few projects on the back burner that I really have to get to so today was going to be that day. I've worked most of the day in my studio but it seems like I didn't get anywhere. I know many of you can relate, you've all had days like that.

As I blogged about earlier, I am trying to make a calendar for the year 2017 which I would like to have printed. I have done January to April and I'd like to get May done before the end of May. I've decided to do May with fabric and tea bags.

I like to use painted or dyed tea bag paper to depict flowers. The paper that tea comes in is very delicate - just like flower petals. I've made some fabric cards this way and I really like the look. I can also paint or dye the paper with gradient hues of colour to make the flower petals and leaves more realistic.

So today I spent some time dying and painting the tea bags for this project. I also spent some time sketching from photos to get some designs for this May calendar page.










Above is a small sample of my idea for the calendar page. This is a fabric card I also completed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment