Search This Blog

Saturday 3 December 2016

Updates Re: Calendar and Art Quilt

I was quite productive this week and was able to get my Calendar pages done, photographed and to the printer. It looks like the Calendar will be ready before Christmas but sadly not for tonight's Christmas Celebration with my family. They'll be getting an IOU.

Our Art/Craft Exhibition and Sale in support of our Refugee Family was more successful than I even dared to think. The evening was well-attended, there was lots on exhibit and also lots for sale and we sold a lot. Thank you to all who gave of their talents and generosity to make it happen!

Even though my Art Quilt was unfinished, I brought it to the event and did a small demonstration of my working method. Surprisingly, it sold and it also generated interest in a commission for another one which will also be donated to the cause.

I was also able to work on the original quilt this week and so it is slowing coming to fruition.









It is still hard to see what it will actually look like but I still love the colours and am hoping it will turn out as I envision in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment