Search This Blog

Thursday 12 January 2017

Creativity in Unexpected Places

Have you noticed them? Keep your eyes open when you are out walking or driving on city streets. On many street corners stand utility boxes. I'm not sure what's in them but I assume they have something to do with wiring for electricity or telephones or something like that. You may have driven past these boxes without even noticing them because they were painted grey and kind of blended in with the surroundings.

Well, someone decided that they would be great canvases and here and there I have been noticing some that are brightly painted with various designs on them. I've tried to photograph them when I see them. Usually I only have my I-phone with me so the images aren't great but you can see the designs.

This one is downtown somewhere and is covered with
Queen Anne's Lace flowers. This one looks like a photo
that was printed on decal paper and then wrapped around
the box.

This one looks like it was hand painted and it looks like
various stones on a beach-like background. It is on Islington Ave
between Finch and Steeles.

This one is on the Southwest corner of Finch and
Islington. It has been hand painted with a tree
with exposed roots.

This one was hand painted by members of the Franklin Carmichael
Art Group as a copy of a Franklin Carmichael painting. Franklin was
a member of the Group of Seven. It is located on the corner of Albion
and Thistledown Blvd near the Shoppers Drug Mart. It is beautiful.

If you happen to see any others in your city travels, why not take a photo and send it to my email address. I'll try to post them in a future blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment