Search This Blog

Thursday 25 May 2017

Art Quilt Progress

A few blogs ago, I told you about my Quilt Retreat. The one thing I worked on at the retreat was my latest Art Quilt. I really thought I would get it almost finished at the retreat. I worked from before breakfast each day until 10 pm with breaks only for meals and the occasional walk in the bush. I guess all those tiny pieces are slowing me down.

I still don't have a title for it. If anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Here's a recap.

Original painting



Tracing for Pattern



What I had completed before the Retreat



Completed at the retreat



Completed as of today

Now that I can begin to see the image, I am thinking about how I will quilt it once I have all my layers together. I will be putting details on the rocks with stitch and trying to make the grasses stand out. I'm not sure yet how I will handle the sky and the water but that will come to me eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment