Search This Blog

Thursday 15 June 2017

Inspiring My Grandchildren

While I was raising my own children, I didn't have the luxury of a studio or the extra time to do a lot of artwork. Yes, I did sketch a little and paint the odd thing but I didn't produce much in the way of finished pieces. I felt I was still learning and so I did take some courses during that time. I do think my kids are very creative and so I thought when I have grandchildren, I'm going to encourage them to do art.

My grandchildren love to be in my studio and I love that they want to be there. But I don't want them to think that the only time they can do art is when they are with me. So when the oldest ones were 3, I gave the 3 oldest some small sketch books. I told them they could do anything they wanted in them. I looked through one of them and can really see progress in their art ability.



The first thing they had to do was print their names in their books.




Then I have them pictures and fabric they could cut up and glue into their books.




Starting with paint.



 Pressed flowers from the garden.



Using multiple colours, line, shape and a page spread.


More colour.



Now people are starting to appear.


And now that they are in school, they're using letters.



I was also pretty impressed with these tree drawings.


Here is a landscape in colour.

I love to see them growing in their creativity and hope as they grow older they never lose that love for paint, pencils, scissors, glue, sparkles, stickers, beads, yarn .........

No comments:

Post a Comment