Search This Blog

Thursday 11 October 2018

More Progress on the Art Quilt

I admit, I have been procrastinating. Sometimes when I hit an impasse, I procrastinate. I wasn't sure if the mist was working on my canoe art quilt so I just let it sit on my design wall for a couple of weeks. This morning I decided, I had to move forward on it so that was my goal for today.

I did receive some feedback on my query from last week's blog and based on that, I decided to add one more layer of organza to the mist section and then be done with it. I may still be able to enhance that area with quilting when I get to that stage.

After I added the organza, I trimmed the quilt top to straighten the edges.



I thought you might also like to see what the back of the quilt top looks like. It is a mess of seams and thread but from a distance, it looks pretty cool too, I think.



This is a close up of the upper left of the back.

I then sewed 4 inch strips of black cotton all around the edges of the quilt. This is not meant to be the border. I plan to have this quilt stretched and framed like a painting and so these black strips will help to stretch the quilt onto stretcher bars. Once it is stretched, you won't see the black. The quilt image will go right to the edge of the stretcher.


I am now placing the batting and the back fabric on the quilt top and then quilting can begin.

1 comment:

  1. Marcel Vander Wier12 October 2018 at 10:05

    You are so talented! Thank you for sharing your gifts!

    ReplyDelete