Search This Blog

Thursday 22 November 2018

Sketching Sling Bag Completed

When I read through the instructions to complete this sling bag, I knew it would be a big project and I almost put it back into my studio cupboard for another time. I hesitated because I was looking for a challenge and I had all the materials purchased and ready to go. After about three week's work, it is finally done and I love it! It is not as big as I thought it would be but I learned a lot about how these bags are constructed. I had to put four zippers into it!  I made a few small errors along the way but really enjoyed the process and I love my fabric choices. It is perfect to carry some small sketch books in and pencils, small paint kit and any other items I need for a sketching outing. It has 5 pockets so I can even bring snacks.

Front and back sections


Sewing on the bias fabric to the inside of the bag to hide the seam allowances.


Voila!


Front pocket with zippered interior pocket.


Two pockets in the interior of the bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment