Search This Blog

Thursday 27 June 2019

Art While Injured

Last week I injured my back so over the weekend and this week I was confined to the couch for several days because I couldn't move without pain. It was the perfect opportunity to sketch and try something I'd never done before and something that lots of artists are doing these days. If you go online you will see videos of all kinds of DIY projects and artwork. I thought it would be cool to try to do a demo video of me using watercolour pencils to complete a sketch in my Garden Sketchbook. I know these can sometimes be boring so I  made it less than 2 minutes long.

I filmed it with my camera and used Movie maker to put it together but I couldn't figure out how to edit it so it is raw and uncut. I probably need a more sophisticated software to do the editing but what I got was not bad. I did have to leave out the section where I add water to the pencils because the file was too big to upload to my blog. There's no music or commentary, just the silence that I work in on a regular basis.

Enjoy!




A few weeks ago I participated in a critique of my work by SAQA (Studio Art Quilts Associates) of which I am a member. If you are interested in seeing that critique you can find it at the link below.

SAQA art critique - Arja Speelman




No comments:

Post a Comment