Search This Blog

Friday 15 November 2019

Zines and Sketching Class - Lessons 3 & 4

Since I was away last week, another teacher covered my class for me. The lesson last week was on Watercolour Painting. I wanted the students to try watercolour to see what they could do with it. The teacher had them go outside and gather leaves which they brought indoors and used by tracing to make leaf shapes on their paper. They outlined some and painted others.










This week's lesson was to introduce the students to collage and yes, it was messy. I think the students really got into it though and enjoyed the process. They had to do a little thinking and they had to make choices. We used paint, magazine photos, scrap art, found items, markers.












The plan for next week is to begin working on our zines using some of the techniques we've tried. Their homework was to come to class next week with their title page done.

No comments:

Post a Comment