Search This Blog

Friday 17 April 2020

Past Halfway

I've logged over 50 hours on my art quilt and am developing issues with my back and suffering from headaches. With all this time to work in my studio, I fear I am not taking enough breaks and stretching cramped muscles. As much as I love to work on it, I am going to have to limit my time in front of the sewing machine.....and the computer. With the weather having turned colder again, I'm also not getting out to walk.

I am pleased with the progress and I have finished the lower boggy foreground with all it's greens and moved into the background and the sky sections. I love when I get to colour transitions because they bring a fresh sense of interest to the work.


The above is the bottom half of the art quilt, the boggy foreground. I plan to overlay this with some yarn to give it more texture and detail.



Here is the beginning of the sky and the trees in the background against the sky.



As you can see I have a small section a the top to complete which should go fairly quickly. Once the quilt top is done, I will sandwich it with quilt batting and a backing fabric and add stitching, quilting, yarn and other embellishments to enhance the design and add details.

No comments:

Post a Comment