Search This Blog

Saturday 17 September 2011

Landscape Quilt 4

The bottom section of the Landscape Quilt has been pieced. It is the section with the irises and two poppies have also made it into this section. As I work on the quilt I am deciding how to quilt it when the time comes in order to enhance certain elements. I may decide to quilt around the irises so they "pop" out of the foliage surrounding them. I have also used machine embroidery on earlier quilts as well as sewn on embellishments such as beads, shells, small stones, sequins etc. to add a little interest or eye-catching "bling".

2 comments:

  1. Arja, this reminds me of stained glass. You select the glass but don't know what the finished product will look like till you shine light through it at the end... Your quilt is going to be beautiful piece of art.

    ReplyDelete