Search This Blog

Thursday 22 September 2011

Mini quilts




Sometimes I am inspired by wine.....ok, not really the wine but the wine labels. I have found some really interesting wine bottle labels that I have soaked off the bottles and used to create mini quilts. These quilts are 4 X 6 inches in size and I send them as greeting cards to friends and family. That way they can receive a piece of original art from me. Along with the wine label, I embellish the quilt with beads, found objects and something called thread painting which I do with my sewing machine. Below are some examples of these mini quilts.

2 comments:

  1. What an original idea. So cool. Always love to see some different craft ideas. I'm sure those who receive your cards will treasure them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool...What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete