Search This Blog

Thursday 17 January 2013

2013 Art Goals

Ok, I sat down and wrote out a list of my goals for 2013. It's a good thing to do to ensure that quality finished artwork will be accomplished. Otherwise I might just be satisfied with "playing" and experimenting in my studio and end up not producing any finished works.

At the top of my list I wrote, "Do a sketch at least once per week". I have wanted to better my sketching and drawing skills yet I never take the time to draw unless I am planning a painting. This way I will increase my skills of observation and putting down value.








The first sketches of the year. It will be interesting to see how my skills increase and how the subject matter changes over the year.

Secondly, I will continue to make fabric cards for my friends and family.

I haven't taken an art course in a long time and I think I need to do that this year just to get out and be with other artists. Perhaps I can pick up some new skills and ideas.

I have one more wall quilt to do in my Seasons Series and that is a summer one so another goal is to start a Summer Art Quilt.

Last year I entered an art Project online that had me creating a piece of artwork I had to install in a public place and photograph there. I thoroughly enjoyed the project and it was cool seeing my art hanging from a bridge in the middle of Toronto. I would like to enter another project or challenge this year.

On the bottom of my list is, "Clean out my studio". It is something that will take some time which is why it is the last thing on my list, however, it is the first thing I did. I'm not completely finished because as any artist knows, once you uncover things that you didn't remember you had, you get all kinds of inspiration and you want to use it right away. It is hard then to get rid of stuff but I do have a large garbage bag full.

My list is fairly fluid in that what I've written so far I will work hard to complete, however, I will probably add some things. I already have two projects that I need to complete this year for other people. The ideas for one of them are bouncing around my head and I haven't yet nailed down what I'm going to do. The other is a commissioned piece that I am awaiting instructions on.

I believe I will be busy and productive this year!











1 comment:

  1. It doesn't sound like you are going to have time to golf. Make sure you fit that in to.

    ReplyDelete