Search This Blog

Thursday 10 January 2013

Collage Card

I've been experimenting with Collage a little bit and also was interested in recycling things to make art.
I found an old Agatha Christie novel that I had two of in my book case and used the pages as the base of my Collage card.

I tore the pages from the book and using acrylic matt medium I glued four pages together and then painted gesso on the front and back lightly to seal them so they would be able to take painting and gluing. You can still see some of the print through the gesso.
Then I put a light layer of paint on the front and the back using an old credit card instead of a brush to apply it. The paint has taken on the texture of the gesso layer.
Now I begin to collage using ribbon fabric stencils and anything I can find. I even tried used tea bags which I emptied and rinsed and dried and then painted with watercolour inks.


tea bags
 This is a fun activity and enables you to use those scraps you've been saving because you might need them some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment