Search This Blog

Thursday 28 February 2013

Algonquin Park Painting Finished

I've finally finished my Algonquin Park painting. All I have left to do is varnish it, take it to the framer and decide what to call it. Below are the progressions to the finished work which measures 24"X 36" and is one of the biggest paintings I've done yet. It was painted with acrylic paint on canvas.







 


As you know I am always also working continuously on fabric cards to give away. When I was in the Yukon, my daughter and I went to a really cute coffee shop in the middle of the woods on one of the surrounding mountains. The place is called Bean North Coffee Roasting Company Ltd. They sell certified organic fair trade coffee which they purchase from places like the Caribbean, Central America, Indonesia, and Africa and roast themselves. The coffee was delicious and we even got a homebaked banana nut loaf. When we had finished our coffee, I asked if I might have one of their coffee sacks and they said that I could for a donation. So I brought back a burlap coffee sack to use when making fabric cards. I love to bring back unique fabrics from far away places.



The first fabric card made with the sack that I'll send to my daughter to pass on to Bean North



1 comment:

  1. The painting turned out beautiful. Even with the loons :). Can't wait to go again.

    You have such a gift of creating things out of anything. I'm sure the people who gave you the sacks will be really impressed with your card.

    ReplyDelete