Search This Blog

Wednesday 13 February 2013

Art Completed while in the Yukon

I have been so inspired by being in the Yukon and have had plenty of time to be creative. My daughter has also caught the bug and created some of her own art which I think she'll be blogging about. If you care to catch her blog it's at http://adventuresabove60.blogspot.ca/.
Most of the pieces I've created are basically impressions of what I've seen here and perhaps I'll use these sketches when I'm home to create more finished pieces.

Watercolour sketch of Canyon City overlooking Yukon River

My rendition of the Northern Lights which we saw only briefly one night and very faintly.

A zentangle of  the Yukon landscape

An acrylic painting on canvas I did from one of my photographs.

Amy and I set up at her kitchen table being creative.
A graphite drawing also done from one of my photographs.
My interpretation of the Yukon using Ted Harrison's style of painting. Mine was done on Gessoed paper with watercolours while Ted paints with oil on Canvas so mine has a completely different look.

Anticipating Valentine's Day (Zentangle)
Watercolour sketch of the mountains in sunlight beyond Whitehorse.




My next blog will be coming to you from Ontario once again as my time here in the Yukon is sadly coming to the end. Hope you enjoyed a little taste of the Yukon Territories through my creative inspirations. In a future blog I will highlight some of the artists here in the Yukon and their unique manner of painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment